Can you believe that National Craft Month is almost over?! Time sure flies when you’re having fun crafting, huh? We’ve been having a blast sharing a ton of craft tutorials with you all March long, and we’re not done yet! In continuation of “home decor” week, today our Project of the Day is a beautiful etched vase from our friends at Spellbinders. Keep reading to find the step-by-step instructions to make this lovely floral-inspired decoration.
As a bonus to the fabulous craft tutorials we’ve been featuring, we’ve also been offering prizes each and every day of National Craft Month. All you have to do to enter the giveaway is answer the question at the bottom of this blog post. Leave a comment with your answer and we will randomly select one lucky winner. It could easily be you! Stay tuned to the blog since we’ll be offering four more prizes for the remaining days of March.
Lovely Leaves Etched Glass Vase
Don’t just stick your spring flowers in any old vase! Design your own beautiful container to show off your bouquets with this craft tutorial from the friendly folks at Spellbinders. Using their dies, you can create unique patterns to then etch onto a plain glass vase. This simple home decor project is just what you need to liven up your dining room table or kitchen counter!
Spellbinders Paper Arts Supplies:
- S4-328 Foliage
- Spellbinders Grand Calibur
- Armour Etch Cream
- Glass Vase
- Adhesive backed vinyl
- paint brush
Vase Craft Instructions:
1. Wash and dry glass vase.
2. Position die templates on vinyl sheets and cut shapes using the Grand Calibur Machine.
3. Neatly trim around each negative shape.
4. Adhere cut vinyl shapes to the glass vase. Smooth out the edges to ensure no bubbles are left.
5. Apply Armour Etch Cream with a paint brush to the vinyl shapes. Follow manufactures directions for application and drying time.
6. Rinse etching cream off with water to reveal a beautiful Spellbinders Foliage etched design.Adhere cut vinyl shapes to the glass vase. Smooth out the edges to ensure no bubbles are left.
Like I mentioned earlier, we’re giving away a prize every single day of March, right here on the blog for National Craft Month. It’s so easy to enter; just be sure to check back each day for our Project of the Day post like this one to comment to enter!
Today’s prize is: Spellbinders “Foliage” and “Layered Flowers” die templates!
- Contest open to US and Canada residents 18+
- One comment/entry per person.
- Contest closes March 27, 2012 at 11:59p CST.
- Please answer the question below in order to be entered.
- Winners will be posted on this blog and notified by email.
Answer this question below in the Comments Section of this post for a chance to be today’s winner:
What’s your best tip for organizing your craft supplies? We need help with our spring cleaning!